What is .np domain
The .np country-code top-level domain name (ccTLD) is an extension that represents Nepal. The .np domain is country-code second-level domain names(ccSLDs). You can not buy and sell .np domains, can be registered free from portal of Mercantile (register.com.np).
For official request (organizations)
A company/organization can only select domain names based on the company/organization's name, product's name, service's name and brand name. Required documents for .NP registration
- In case of local entities -
- certificate of registration of company/firm/partnership/organization.
- In case of foreign entities registered in Nepal -
- certificate of registration of branch or liaison office or
- certificate of affiliation with Social Welfare Council.
- In case of non-incorporated entities doing business in Nepal such as Permanent Establishments or Non-incorporated Joint Venture Entities - PAN registration certificate.
- In case of any entities (local or foreign) having business interests in Nepal -
- certificate of trademark registration in Nepal or
- official filing receipt of trademark application issued by the Department of Industry (to be supported with actual trademark registration certificate within 3 years of domain registration)
For personal request (individual)
A personal domain name should be based only on applicant’s name as mentioned in below documents:-
- Nepalese citizenship or passport or driving license or voter's card or
- Non-Resident-Nepalese ID Card or
- Nepalese resident visa for foreign nationals